• Choose a sunny part of the garden with good drainage.
• Dig a trench and check the pH, which should be 6.5 to 7.5.
• Plant the crowns about 8 in. deep and 15 in. apart.
• Cover initially with 2 in. of dirt, and gradually fill the trench as the spears emerge.
• The edible stems of asparagus rise directly from the ground. Spears that are about 8 in. tall are ready to harvest.
• Snapping of the spear by hand is easy and protects the plant. You can use a knife, but be careful not to damage developing stems.
• At the end of the harvest, allow the asparagus plants to form ferns. These help transfer energy to the roots for good spear development the next season.
asparagus plants : amazon
You Should also see :
How to grow boxwood from cuttings
Using a pallet as a garden bed
Creamy Margarita Popsicles
How to make a pond in a small pot or bucket
The most popular dwarf citrus trees in